Software Engineer – Java Developer
Position: We are looking for a hands-on java developer with an established background in transaction and event driven web services. This position is located in Tysons Corner, VA.
About the Role: You will be a part of a dynamic team that is responsible for our ride fulfillment engine and ride management services. You will be a part of the core development team where you will observe daily use of your work product and quickly see the impact you are making to peoples lives
We need people who are passionate about developing impactful, high-performance web applications using up-to-date technologies and patterns. You should have strong coding abilities, a deep understanding of object oriented design patterns, experience with services based architectures and relational databases. Great communication skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment are also key.
You should be comfortable working with other server, web, and mobile developers in an agile environment that regularly delivers quality releases and responds quickly to user needs. Most of all, you should love creating things and take pride in building cool solutions for customers.
We offer competitive salaries and great benefits.
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience in Java/J2EE development
- Knowledge of database design, queries, and geospatial databases
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle, MS SQLServer
- Strong OO design and coding skills
- Fluent in data structures, algorithms, and asynchronous architectures
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related degree
- Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Understands unit testing
- Has a sound understanding of scalability, reliability and performance considerations
- Proficiency with developing API and service interfaces for developers/third parties/mobile applications
- Fluency with *nix command line
- Experience with the following: git, NoSQL databases, AWS stack (ec2, api gateway, dynamodb, cloudwatch, etc), serverless technologies (lambda, google functions, pubnub), queuing systems (rabbitmq, sqs), ejabberd
- Experience owning mission critical, 24×7 systems
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment using Scrum and Test Driven Development
- Experience with Chef is a plus
Curb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.