Director of Operations
At Curb, we are reimagining urban mobility. We take on the complex challenges that come with building the mobility network of the future. Our platform efficiently and reliably moves people by engaging passengers, drivers, businesses, transportation operators, and regulators. Curb is a fast-growing team headquartered in Long Island City NY, with offices in Northern Virginia, and London. We are passionate entrepreneurs and creative thinkers, with a strong bias for action and deep roots in transportation and technology.
We are looking for a highly-motivated, entrepreneurial person to lead our Ride-hailing operations in New York. As a strategic leader, you will be responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations and service management at a macro and micro level to ensure growth, scale, and profitability. You will be responsible for owning and refining the operational processes at the heart of moving tens of thousands of passengers daily. You must be proficient at applying best practices to ensure rider expectations are met and exceeded. You are process-driven, detail-oriented, and organized, but also excited to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty. You know how to create order out of chaos – and you love doing so. You must be a data-driven decision-maker, someone who can drive process optimizations based on analytics.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Lead and oversee Ride-hailing and paratransit operations for consumer and paratransit rider programs. Key activities include managing programs that span across supply, demand and service operations, with a focus on profitability.
- Identify operational weaknesses, help improve or innovate new processes, and establish KPIs to track success against internal and external objectives and SLAs
- Partner with Product, Customer Support, Marketing, and Finance organizations to establish processes impacting our mobility services which are well designed and operating efficiently to achieve established KPIs.
- Make strategic decisions to prioritize within a functional area; guide and set goals for the overall team. Balance competing objectives against timelines should be a core competency.
- Problem solve. We operate a technology platform that delivers service to passengers in dynamic urban environments. We encounter new challenges each day, and you must be ready to solve them as fast as they happen.
- Communicate product/process needs to product/engineering and ensure the effective utilization of delivered features.
- Continue to grow revenues and ridership
What You’ll Need to Have
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in strategy, business operations, consulting, mobility, two-sided marketplaces, or an equivalent field. The ideal candidate will have leadership experience in a startup or other fast-paced work environment.
- A healthy balance of analytics, project management, and interpersonal skills. You’ve managed a small to medium-sized team.
- Experience managing and working with team-members possessing a wide variety of skills and roles
- Ability to wear many different hats and solve complex problems, exercising good judgment swiftly in an environment of rapid change and evolving priorities
- Ability to learn new skills and grow with the role. As Curb continues to expand, this role will be charged with directing and overseeing additional operational processes and projects.
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills, comfort learning and using new software tools.
- Clear communications style (written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build relationships, lead a team, manage employees, and create a hard-working but fun workplace – experience with third-party and independent contractor workforces a plus.
Curb is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.