Paratransit Dispatch Manager (NY)
At Curb, we are reimagining urban mobility. We take on the complex challenges that come with building the mobility network of the future. Our platform efficiently and reliably moves people by engaging passengers, drivers, businesses, transportation operators and regulators. We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company, comprised of energetic, talented individuals with deep roots in transportation and technology.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a Paratransit Dispatch Manager (NY) to coordinate and monitor the call center operations of Curb’s paratransit accounts with the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
The ideal candidate will possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated experience in a customer-facing role. The Paratransit Dispatch Manager (NY) will oversee ADA taxi and black car service, as well as other contracted transportation providers for paratransit clients in New York City.
- Develop objectives for the call center’s day-to-day activities
- Conduct effective resource planning to maximize the productivity of resources (e.g., people, technology etc.)
- Collect and analyze call-center statistics, such as on-time performance, fulfillment, and customer service metrics.
- Appropriately respond to service inquiries and customer complaints.
- Initiate and oversee necessary investigations and work with the Paratransit Programs Manager to mediate sensitive issues involving paratransit clients using the application of pertinent local, state and federal rules, regulations, and laws governing paratransit services.
- Document resolutions with customer service report software and provide updates to the Paratransit Program Manager.
- Coach and provide training to third party call center personnel to maintain high customer service standards.
- Monitor and improve telephone handling and other procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or 4+ years of equivalent experience in customer service, transportation, or paratransit
- 3+ years experience in transportation management/transit operations or call center management
- 2+ years in a supervisory role with at least one direct report
- Working knowledge of paratransit-specific operations and transit safety practices
- Proven experience as a dispatch supervisor or similar position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively with diverse audiences, while exercising sensitivity and discretion
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfort with basic financial analysis and budgeting
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with call center software/equipment
- Experience in paratransit operations management or taxi dispatch
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws governing paratransit programs, including the ADA
- Proficiency with Tableau and other data visualization software